We are pleased to announce the release of XLConnect 1.0.6. This release is mainly a maintenance release and comes with the following changes:
- Fix setForceFormulaRecalculation / getForceFormulaRecalculation for R >= 4.2.0 (#170)
- Fix building of vignettes (#154)
- Fix java version parsing (#156)
- Remove java version compatibility upper limit (#165)
- Upgrade to Apache POI 5.2.3
While the addition of the
overwriteFormulaCells parameter seems like a new implementation, it is actually an adjustment due to updates in the underlying Apache POI:
- Since XLConnect 1.0.0, formula cells in excel are not overwritten anymore automatically when populating them.
- With the new XLConnect 1.0.6, the default behaviour for
writeWorksheetwill once again overwrite formula cells.
- If you don’t want to overwrite such formula cells, specify
FALSEwhen calling said functions.