The most recent edition of the Revolution Newsletter is now available. In case you missed it, the news section is below, and you can read the full September edition (with highlights from this blog and community events) online. You can subscribe to the Revolution Newsletter to get it monthly via email.
September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day! In honor of a day where we get to wander around saying, “Rrrrr!” we're hosting a photo contest for you to share with us your best Jolly Roger/Regina pose. You can tweet your photo with the hashtag #RPirate2013 and tag us @RevolutionR. We will choose 10 winners who will receive a pirate bandana, eyepatch, and an I <3 (Love) R t-shirt! Show us the cut of your jib!
The September Webinar
The Modern Data Architecture for Predictive Analytics with Revolution Analytics and Hortonworks Data Platform
September 24th, 09:00 AM – 10:00 AM PDT
Hortonworks and Revolution Analytics have teamed up to bring the predictive analytics power of R to Hortonworks Data Platform. Hadoop, being a disruptive data processing framework, has made a large impact in the data ecosystems of today. Enabling business users to translate existing skills to Hadoop is necessary to encourage the adoption and allow businesses to get value out of their Hadoop investment quickly. R, being a prolific and rapidly growing data analysis language, now has a place in the Hadoop ecosystem. We will cover:
- Trends and business drivers for Hadoop
- How Hortonworks and Revolution Analytics play a role in the modern data architecture
- How you can run R natively in Hortonworks Data Platform to simply move your R-powered analytics to Hadoop
Did you miss Mario Inchiosa's webinar: High Performance Predictive Analytics in R and Hadoop last month? The recording is now available!
Upcoming Webinars: Register for your spot, today!
- 03Oct13 – R+Hadoop – Ask Bigger (and New) Questions and Get Better, Faster Answers The integration of R-powered analytics in Hadoop presents a totally new value proposition. Organizations can write R code and deploy it natively in Hadoop without data movement or the need to write their own MapReduce. Bringing R-powered predictive analytics into Hadoop will accelerate Hadoop’s value to organizations by allowing them to break through performance and scalability challenges and solve new analytic problems.
- 10Oct13 – Using Time to Event Models for Prediction and Inference
with DataSong CEO, John Wallace
Companies are doing a better and better job of collecting data that explains why consumers behave the way they do. These diverse data sets cause us to rethink some of the workhorse algorithms for data analysis. Specifically, the traditional binary response model leaves much room for improvement in how it embraces time. Cross–sectional models allow much rich data to fall through the cracks. We’ll discuss real-world scenarios and how to better use data with time to event modeling.
Revolution Analytics in the News
- Revolution R Enterprise was recognized with DataWeek's Top Innovator award for Data Visualization.
- Revolution Analytics has teamed with Cloudera to bring statistical models into Hadoop clusters from R
- Symphony Analytics partners with Revolution Analytics to develop solutions in healthcare, retails and telecommunications.
- PULSATE Announces Big Data Collaboration with Dell, Intel and Revolution Analytics
- Revolution Analytics CTO Greg Todd on The Value of Data: All You Really Need to Know You Learned in Kindergarten
- Should you be using R? 5 Key Considerations When Choosing Open Source Statistics Software
- Are you ready for Big Data Analytics? This Slidecast from Revolution Analytics’ Bill Jacobs gives a preview of the forthcoming in-Hadoop R capabilities Revolution R Enterprise 7
AcademyR – Training and Education
Are your R programming skills a little flabby? Sign up for our new Big Data Analytics Boot Camp!
Don’t miss Allan Englehardt’s Using Advanced Analytics in the Insurance Industry this month, September 23rd – 27th!
New Courses have been added to our ONLINE COURSE CALENDAR!
Advanced analytics for marketing applications, forecasting and Hadoop! Check out our dates and times and register soon to take advantage of our early bird discount.
DataWeek 2013 – Sept 28 – Oct 3rd, 2013 – San Francisco, CA
DataWeek 2013 Conference + Festival is the second-annual 6-day, data-centric event in downtown San Francisco. Each day of DataWeek has a different business and technology focus ranging from the Saturday / Sunday hackathon activities, the Monday / Tuesday technical workshops, and the Wednesday / Thursday conference & expo. Revolution Analytics will be hosting 2 “R Workshops,” on Oct 1st and 3rd as well as an R Meet-up at 6:00 PM Oct 2nd.
Customer Insights and Analytics in Banking Summit – Oct 1-2, 2013 – Atlanta, GA
The Customer Insights and Analytics Summit will focus in on winning strategies banks can employ to optimize the value of every customer. Revolution Analytics Chief Strategy Officer and VP of Product Marketing & Management, Michele Chambers, will be presenting “Apply Predictive Analytics to Web Data to Generate Business Critical Insights” in conjunction with Capital One.
Teradata Partner Conference & Expo – Oct 20-24, 2013 – Dallas, TX
Empower yourself with the knowledge to do more with data than you ever thought possible. Learn from the brightest executives, business analysts, data scientists and technologists as they showcase innovation and world-class methodologies for data integration, big data analytics, operations, integrated marketing management and more! Revolution Analytics will have 2 speakers at this year’s event: Bill Jacobs, Director of Product Marketing and Lee Edelfsen, Chief Scientist.
Strata Conference + Hadoop World – Oct 28-30, 2013 – New York, NY
Strata + Hadoop World is where big data's most influential decision makers, architects, developers, and analysts gather to shape the future of their businesses and technologies. Since joining forces last year, Strata + Hadoop World is also one of the largest gatherings of the Apache Hadoop community in the world, with emphasis on hands-on and business sessions on the Hadoop ecosystem. Revolution Analytics is pleased to offer you a 20% discount on registration fees to attend this year’s event. Please use the following code: REVOLUTION20.