by Joseph Rickert
We are very pleased to announce that Microsoft will not only continue the Revolution Analytics’ tradition of supporting R user groups worldwide, but is expanding the scope of the user group program. The new 2016 Microsoft Data Science User Group Sponsorship Program is open to all user groups that are passionate about open-source data science technologies. If your group is focused on R, Python, Apache Hadoop or some other vital data science technology you may qualify for the Microsoft program. The major criteria for participation are that you have a public web presence, you hold meetings on a regular basis, and the you can demonstrate your commitment to furthering and contributing to your particular corner of the open-source data science community.
Benefits of participation
Among the benefits of participating in the Microsoft Data Science User Group Sponsorship Program are:
- A shipment of goodies that you can give to your members or use as door prizes, or however you believe they will best support the success of your group.
- Promotion of your group’s activities to help get the word out to other like-minded data scientists in your area.
- Access to Microsoft subject matter and technology experts to speak at your meetups.
- The opportunity to hold user group meetings at Microsoft facilities around the world.
You will also benefit by being part of a network of like-minded data scientists that span the globe.
Requirements for Participation
In return for your group’s participation in the program we ask:
- That you list Microsoft as a sponsor on your group’s website and that you acknowledge our sponsorship at your meetings.
- That once a month, Microsoft will be able to deliver an email message to your members
Apply for the Program
When you are ready to apply it is only a matter of filling out the application form.
We are looking forward to working with you and helping you to make a difference in the open-source data science world. Please help us to make this a program a success, and let us know how you think we can work together to make things happen.