roxygen2 5.0.0 is now available on CRAN. roxygen2 helps you document your packages by turning specially formatted inline comments in R’s standard Rd format. Learn more at http://r-pkgs.had.co.nz/man.html.
In this release:
- Roxygen records its version in a single place: the
RoxygenNotefield in your
DESCRIPTION. This should make it easier to see what’s changed when you upgrade roxygen2, because only files with differences will be modified. Previously every Rd file was modified to update the version number.
- You can now easily document functions that you’ve imported from another package:
#' @importFrom magrittr %>% #' @export magrittr::`%>%`
All imported-and-re-exported functions will be documented in the same file (
rexports.Rd), with a brief descrption and links to the original documentation.
- You can more easily generate package documentation by documenting the special string “_PACKAGE“:
#' @details Details "_PACKAGE"
The title and description will be automatically filled in from the
- New tags
@rawNamespaceallow you to insert raw (unescaped) text in Rd and the
@evalRd()is similar, but instead of literal Rd, you give it R code that produces literal Rd code when run. This should make it easier to experiment with new types of output.
- Roxygen2 now parses the source code files in the order specified in the
DESCRIPTION. This improves the ordering of the generated documentation when using
@rdnamesplit across several
.Rfiles, as often happens when working with S4.
- The parser has been completely rewritten in C++. This gives a nice performance boost and adds improves the error messages: now get the line number of the tag, not the start of the block.
@familynow cross-links each manual page only once, instread of linking to all aliases.