The Windows version of our latest enterprise distribution of R, Revolution R Enterprise 4.0, is now being delivered to subscribers and is also available for free download for members of the academic community. Revolution R Enterprise 4.0 is a major update, and includes many new and improved features:
- Based on R 2.11.1, the current release of the R. See the list of new features in R's language engine since 2.9.2 (upon which the previous release of Revolution R Enterprise was based) in the NEWS file on CRAN.
- Includes a new package, RevoScaleR, that provides scalable, fast (multicore), and extensible data analysis for large datasets with R.
- Includes the doSMP package (previously only available in Revolution R Community) for parallel processing on multi-processor Windows machines.
- Includes several improvements for R programmers in the R Productivity Environment, including: visual indicators for script status (not run, loaded, debugging); new code snippets for RevoScaleR; integration with Subversion for source-code control; load and/or debug multiple scripts at once; easily create solutions from a folder of R scripts.
- Available as Windows 32-bit and 64-bit versions, and 100% compatible with all packages available on CRAN.
If you're at a university anywhere in the world and want to use Revolution R Enterprise for research or teaching, you can download it free of charge. (If you're at a commercial or non-profit business, you'll need to purchase a subscription to get additional features included with Revolution R Enterprise.)
At the moment only Windows versions are available for download; the Red Hat version will be available later in the year. (Unfortunately for Mac users like me, we don't plan to produce a MacOS X version of Revolution R Enterprise until there's more demand from businesses. But we do offer the open-source Revolution R Community distribution on Macs, but it doesn't include any of the proprietary Revolution features.)
Revolution Analytics: Revolution R Enterprise Free Academic Software