R2HTML is an R package, written and maintained by Eric Lecoutre
currently maintained by me. It provides functions and methods to output different R objects to HTML files. It also has a Sweave driver to allow parsing of HTML files containing R code and automatically write the corresponding outputs.
Current released version:
Download source from CRAN: R2HTML_1.59.tar.gz.
Latest development snapshot (to be 1.60)
This package is being maintained on Sourceforge.net now. Please check its project page on http://sourceforge.net/projects/r2html/ for latest development snapshots and package releases.
Subversion (SVN) Access
Anonymous SVN access is provided for read-only via Sourceforge.net now. The repository address is: https://r2html.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/r2html. To checkout a working copy of the current development version, try:
$ svn co https://r2html.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/r2html/trunk
- Add method for printing epitools objects, as suggested by Ulrike Grömping.
- Improvement of HTML.matrix(), which currently is generating invalid HTML code.
- Overall improvement of CSS used.
- As pointed out by Kurt Hornik, HTMLcore.R uses global variables and manipulates the user’s workspace, which is not a very recommended programming practice on R. A rewrite of the mechanism used to keep track of the .HTMLfile in use is needed, using, as suggested by Hornik, a dynamic variable inside the package.
The following RNews article by Eric Lecoutre is a good introduction to the package capabilities:
- Lecoutre, Eric (2003). The R2HTML Package. R News, Vol 3. N. 3,