You have to perform several steps:
- Install R-base and R-base-devel packages from here.
- Install gfortran :~> sudo zypper install gcc-fortran
- :~> su
- [as root] start R : # R
- In R console type > install.packages(“Rcmdr”, dependencies=TRUE)
- You will receive several warnings after installation – fuck that shit.
- In R console type > library(Rcmdr). A warning window about missing packages will appear – click Ok to allow installation.
- In R console type > library(Rcmdr) and enjoy R-commander!
P.S. R is a powerful programme, but it has a shitty name to search for. I was close to start shitting bricks when tried to find repositories with R in the first place.
UPD: you could also need (al least for another libraries installation) following packages: xorg-x11-devel, mesa-devel, gcc-c++, libpng-devel, tcltk.
Related post: R spgrass6 Library Installation in openSUSE: workaround