I am happy to announce that my new course, Mapmaking in R with Choroplethr, is now available. In honor of its launch I am offering a 15% discount to anyone who purchases before January 1. You will also be able to attend a Q&A webinar with me on January 5th.
Creating this course has been a full time job over the last few weeks. The course has 25 lessons and is in the format of screencasts with downloadable code. The lessons are organized into 5 sections:
- Introduction. This section makes sure that you have the software necessary to complete the rest of the course, and shows you how to make a simple map.
- Exploratory Data Analysis. This section explains basic tools that R provides for exploratory data analysis, and how choroplethr complements them when analyzing spatial data.
- United States Maps goes into detail about the 4 US maps (states, counties, ZIPs and tracts) that choroplethr ships with. It explains where they come from, how they are represented in R, and how to use them on your own projects. Many examples are provided.
- International Maps explains the 216 international maps that choropethr ships with. This includes state / province (Administrative Level 1) maps of 215 countries as well as a world map of 171 countries. This section explains where the maps come from and how they are represented in R. It also explains how to convert your data into the format necessary to have it to work with choroplethr. Several examples are provided.
- Conclusion.This is my favorite section. I walk you through dozens of datasets that I have either already analyzed in R (i.e. US Census, US Unemployment, World Bank) or am aware of and would like to map in the future. I provide links so that you can start analyzing and mapping them immediately. I also explain several ways to get help with your project.
Remember, these bonuses are only available for a limited time. To get the discount and the webinar you need to purchase before January 1.