It was an exciting useR2011 conference at the University of Warwick, Coventry, UK. Thanks a lot to the local organizing and program committee for having this great conference. I enjoyed the variety of talks, the poster session and the conference dinner and everything within walking distance.
In view of HPC for R I learned:
- The R core team is working on a package called “parallel” for parallel computing including a random number generation solution.
- The number of R users can be estimated to 2M+
- RStudio is a great programming environment and an exciting release is coming soon: version control, …
- Several groups are implementing GPU solutions with openCL. But still a lot of work to do.
- Unfortunately, no big memory, ff or compiled code presentation.
Thanks a lot to all people interested in cloudnumbers.com and for providing that much feedback. I enjoyed being part of one of the first Lightning Talk speakers. Attached my slides and the poster: