By Liz Matthews.
EARL (Effective Applications of the R Language) is a brand new conference and the first to focus on the growing commercial usage of R. More and more companies are recognizing the strategic value of R for their data analysis and benefitting from its ease of use, the vast and growing number of packages available and, of course, the fact that as an open source language it’s completely free.
EARL will showcase presentations from a wide range of industries, highlight commercial R applications and solutions and look at other comparable technologies.
We are delighted to announce an impressive array of speakers and presentations that includes:
- Hadley Wickham, RStudio – Expressing yourself in R
- Richard Saldanha, Investec – Assessing Liquidity Risk in Asset Management”
- Juan Manuel Hernandez, Millward Brown – How R transformed the Analytics Paradigm at Millward Brown”
- Steven Fitzpatrick, Firmenich – Consumer Insights using R
- Abigail Lebrecht, uSwitch – Automating Reporting and Visualisation Functions in R
- David Jessop, UBS – Calculating High Frequency Betas
- Ajitesh Ghosh, Kantar WorldPanel – Using R for Consumer Psychological Research
- John Burn-Murdoch, The Financial Times – Visual Journalism with R
- Aimee Smith, Loughborough University – Analysis of Elite Football Players’ Perceptions of Playing Surfaces Using R
- Markus Gesmann, Lloyd’s of London – Swimming in Data and Diving for Whales
- Naser Ali, Hortonworks – Big Data beating the Skills Gap
- Tim Paulden, Atass Sports – You can NOT be Serious! How to build a tennis model in 30 minutes
- John McConnell, Analytical People – When R wins.. and Why
- Joss Langford, ActiveInsights – Event based Classification of Human Behaviour: strategic commercial use of open source tools
Plus many more….
For further information and to register please see www.earl-conference.com
– See more at: http://www.mango-solutions.com/wp/2014/05/earl-conference-london-15-17-september-2014/#sthash.oAwSeWzh.dpuf