The day you’ve been waiting for is here: rstudio::conf(2022) starts today! We hope you’re ready for four days, 16 workshops, four keynotes, and countless ways to learn and collaborate!
With so much happening, we wanted to give an overview of what to expect and how to get ready.
- Check out the conf schedule app. Create your itinerary on your Apple or Android device.
- Find out more on the schedule page by clicking the Mobile App + iCal button.
- Participate in a Birds of a Feather event. BoFs are short, scheduled sessions where people from similar backgrounds meet during rstudio::conf. BoFs include industry-specific groups such as academic research, finance, and pharma and groups with similar interests such as natural language processing or machine learning. Many thanks to the organizations hosting the sponsored BoFs.
- Add them to your calendar by filtering the schedule to “Social” events.
- Join us in The Lounge! Come hang out and chat with RStudio employees about how you do data science in your day-to-day, what challenges you’re facing, how to learn or teach R on a broad scale, or check out the latest in our open source packages. You may even bump into your favorite package developer or software engineer.
- Take part in other social events to connect with the community. We have a book signing reception for workshop attendees on Monday evening, the welcome reception on Tuesday evening, dinner and activities on Wednesday evening, and an R-Ladies reception on Thursday evening.
We have more ways to enjoy conf, whether you’re joining us in person or online!
- Watch the keynotes and talk via live stream. The live streams will be available on the rstudio::conf(2022) website. No registration is required; they are open and free to all! Tune in and ask questions alongside other attendees.
- Join our Discord server to chat and network with RStudio folks and other attendees. Participate in fun community events, AMAs, and more! Sign up on the conference website.
- Follow us on social media. We’ll be active on RStudio Twitter, RStudio Glimpse, LinkedIn, Instagram, and TikTok!
- Use the #rstudioconf and #rstudioconf2022 hashtags to engage and share with others.
If you are wondering how to fit everything you want to do in these four days, Tracy Teal, RStudio’s Open Source Program Director, recommends coming to conf with one or two goals in mind. Is it someone you want to meet, something you want to learn, a talk you want to see? Then organize your activities accordingly so that you can make them happen! And of course, please reach out to RStudio staff if we can help you achieve your goals.
We can’t wait to see you at rstudio::conf(2022)!