Data Science Conference Austria 2021
Data Science Conference (DSC) Austria is knocking on YOUR door, this time the theme is AI powered sustainability: Save the world through data! And the best is—we still have free tickets until Sept 25, so be quick! 👌💪🤞
DSC Austria will happen on September 27-28th and during the event, you will get a chance to listen to over 3 Keynotes, 25 high-quality talks and 6 tech tutorials on the topic of Sustainability, AI & ML, Data-Driven Decision Making and Data & AI Literacy—but that’s not all!
With the DSC Austria ticket you get:
✅ Full access to DSC Austria 2021 talks and sessions
✅ Entry to virtual networking sessions
✅ Online certificate of attendance
Check it out and reserve your spot:
Introducing the 30 Day Sustainability Data Challenge
As part of Quantargo’s Tech tutorial on Sept 27 at 9 AM CET we will start the 30 Day Sustainability Data Challenge. The challenge is inspired by the 30 Day Chart Challenge and asks participants to post interesting visualizations covering sustainability on Twitter. Anyone is welcome to contribute, no matter which data source or tool you use.
The only rules are:
- Include the hashtag #30DaySustainabilityDataChallenge.
- Include a link to the source code of your analysis/visualization.
- And, most importantly, add an interesting visualization, animation or meme on sustainability.
At the end of the challenge we will sum the number of likes and retweets of each twitter account which participated and posted according to above guidelines. We will also post rankings as the challenge progresses. It is allowed and even encouraged to create scheduled Twitter bots using our Quantargo workspace (see next section).
🏆🏆🏆 And here come the prices:
- The first place receives a yearly subscription to our Quantargo workspace, a yearly subscription to all online courses and a seat at our next Advanced Data Transformation workshop worth €950 including 4 dates in November and lifetime access to all materials. Yes, we will also send a Quantargo goodie–bag including sweets and LOTs of hex–stickers.
- The second and third place gets a seat at the Advanced Data Transformation workshop and a yearly subscription to our Quantargo workspace.
- The fourth and fifth place get a yearly subscription to the Quantargo workspace.
In the tech tutorial during the conference on Sept 27 at 9 AM CET, we will also introduce the brand new scheduling and (encrypted) secrets features of the Quantargo workspace. With these new features it is very easy to create scheduled R Bots which tweet new messages at a specified time and interval. We will show some examples of how to create bots tweeting about sustainability.
Additionally, the workspace is great to seamlessly create APIs. We will show an example covering and AirBnB dataset in Vienna to
- Create an XGBoost model using tidymodels to predict apartment prices based attributes in listings.
- Use the model to find cheap apartments in Vienna and plot them with the leaflet package.
- Use the API to programmatically create plots and find apartments in that area.
So stay tuned and healthy, see you at the conference and happy to see your posts! #30DaySustainabilityDataChallenge.