A brand new season of IPL 2021 is on its way, and I intend to keep my Shiny app GooglyPlusPlus updated with all the analysis “as-it-happens”. I had written a post earlier Big Data 7: yorkr waltzes with Apache NiFi, where I used my R package yorkr in a NiFi pipeline to automate downloading, converting and generating appropriate data for GooglyPlusPlus. However, using Apache NiFi for daily updates would be an overkill. So, I have created a bash script (with bash,R,python scripts) (possibly scheduled with CRON), which will get daily updates from Cricsheet, convert the yaml files, generate the necessary data files for GooglyPlusPlus in an automated way, using my R package yorkr, and integrate with the Shiny app
Now, you should be able to do detailed analysis of batsmen, bowlers, IPL matches, IPL teams and also do the ranking of the batsmen and bowlers as new data is added on a daily basis. Also remember that GooglyPlusPlus2021 can do similar analysis for all T20 formats (Intl. T20 (men,women), BBL, NTB, PSL, CPL, WBB etc.)
Check out GooglyPlusPlus2021-IPL 2021
I will be keeping the app updated as data becomes available after the match. Do check it out. Here are some random analysis of the 2 completed matches
You can download/clone the code for GooglyPlusPlus2021 from Github at gpp2021-1
You can perform analysis of the completed matches in the ‘IPL Match’ tab as shown below
A) Mumbai Indians-Royal Challengers Bangalore-2021-04-09
a) Match scorecard – Mumbai Indians
b) Batting Partnerships – Royal Challengers Bangalore
c) Bowling Wicket Kind – Royal Challengers Bangalore
B) Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals – 2021-04-10
d) Batting Partnerships (table) – Delhi Capitals
e) Match Worm Graph
This app will be automatically updated on a daily basis so keep checking
Important note :
Note: 1) The GooglyPlusPlus2021 Shiny app also includes functions for performing the following analysis namely
- detailed analysis of batsmen
- detailed analysis of bowlers
- match analysis
- Head-to-head between 2 IPL teams
- Analysis of IPL team against all other teams
- Ranking of batsmen based on number of years and matches played
- Ranking of bowlers based on number of years and matches played
So do check the other tabs of this app
2) GooglyPlusPlus2021 can do similar analysis for other T20 games like Intl. T20 (men,women), BBL, NTB, PSL and so on.
Give GooglyPlusPlus2021 a spin!!
Download/clone the code for GooglyPlusPlus2021 from Github at gpp2021-1
This post includes the following matches
|Mumbai Indians-Royal Challengers Bangalore-2021-04-09||Chennai Super Kings-Delhi Capitals-2021-04-10|
- Introducing GooglyPlusPlus!!!
- Introducing cricket package yorkr: Part 1- Beaten by sheer pace!
- Cricketr adds team analytics to its repertoire!!!
- Deep Learning from first principles in Python, R and Octave – Part 3
- Introducing QCSimulator: A 5-qubit quantum computing simulator in R
- Practical Machine Learning with R and Python – Part 5
To see all posts click Index of posts