ABOUT THE BOOK:
With the open source R programming language and its immense library of packages, you can perform virtually any data analysis task. Now, in just 24 lessons of one hour or less, you can learn all the skills and techniques you’ll need to import, manipulate, summarize, model, and plot data with R, formalize analytical code; and build powerful R packages using current best practices.
Each short, easy lesson builds on all that’s come before: you’ll learn all of R’s essentials as you create real R solutions.
R in 24 hours, Sams Teach Yourself covers the entire data analysis workflow from the viewpoint of professionals whose code must be efficient, reproducible and suitable for sharing with others.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
You’ll learn all this, and much more:
- Installing and configuring the R environment
- Creating single-mode and multi-mode data structures
- Working with dates, times, and factors
- Using common R functions, and writing your own
- Importing, exporting, manipulating, and transforming data
- Handling data more efficiently, and writing more efficient R code
- Plotting data with ggplot2 and Lattice graphics
- Building the most common types of R models
- Building high-quality packages, both simple and complex – complete with data and documentation
- Writing R classes: S3, S4, and beyond
- Using R to generate automated reports
- Building web applications with Shiny
Step-by-step instructions walk you through common questions, issues, and tasks; Q & As, Quizzes, and Exercises build and test your knowledge; “Did You Know?” tips offer insider advice and shortcuts and “Watch Out!” alerts help you avoid pitfalls.
By the time you’re finished, you’ll be comfortable going beyond the book to solve a wide spectrum of analytical and statistical problems with R.
For all code examples included in the book Teach Yourself R in 24hrs click here.
ORDERING A COPY OF THIS BOOK:
If you’d like to order a copy use the following ISBN codes:
Authors: Andy Nicholls, Richard Pugh and Aimee Gott.