We are pleased to announce the very first Satrday event in Newcastle upon Tyne (and England). satRdays Newcastle is a one-day, low-cost, community organised R conference in the heart of Newcastle City Centre.
The event will be held at Newcastle University. Getting to Newcastle is really easy
- Train: 90 minutes from Edinburgh or 3 hours from London. The train station is in the middle of Newcastle.
- Plane: Direct flights from Schiphol, Paris, Stansted, Heathrow, Dublin, Belfast. The airport is only 15 minutes from the city centre by taxi.
Of course, we won’t suggest you attend this conference and use it as an excuse for a holiday…
Saturday April 6th, 9am to 5pm
Our keynote speakers include:
- Robin Lovelace, a Leeds University Academic Fellow
- Noa Tamir, Director of Data Science at the AUTO1 Group
- Guest speaker from RStudio TBA
Early bird tickets are on sale now for a very modest £20! (Yes you read that correctly). Hurry though, as the early bird promotion will end on 1st February, after which tickets will increase to £30.
Can I get involved?
If you want to speak we are accepting paper submissions for speakers right up until 16th February. Simply submit an abstract
If you need any more details, visit newcastle2019.satRdays.org.