rOpenSci is holding our annual staff and leadership meeting in Vancouver, so we’re taking the opportunity to share what we do and, if you’re interested, how you can get involved. Join us for a series of 7 short talks and demos followed by informal networking over snacks & refreshments.
rOpenSci is a non-profit initiative that promotes open and reproducible research using shared data and reusable software. We are creating technical infrastructure in the form of carefully vetted, staff- and community-contributed R software tools that lower barriers to working with scientific data sources on the web, and building a welcoming and diverse global community of R users and developers from a range of research domains.
- Introduction to rOpenSci
- Leveraging scholarly text and metadata
- Ideas for improving image processing in R for editing, graphics, medical, spatial and vision applications
- How the usethis package can accelerate your R development workflow
- Using docker from R
- Integrating heterogeneous data sets in R. RDF all the data!
- Connect with your rOpenSci and local communities
- Stefanie Butland: Twitter
- Q & A
- Casual networking, chat with the rOpenSci team, and meet your local community
Monday, March 12, 2018. Talks, demos, Q&A, 5:30-7:30. Networking & snacks till 9pm
Ground floor lecture theatre, BC Cancer Research Centre, 675 West 10th Avenue.