The MOOC “Take lineaR decisions” will begin on September 19th 2016, covering some models of decision making mainly based on computational linear algebra (linear systems and eigenvalues/vectors). The course, delivered by prof. Paolo Pellizzari, can be used to acquire practical skills in the use of the open software R in dealing with matrices, vectors and related optimization problems. In some detail, the 6 online weeks will cover:
- Famous theorems to solve linear systems
- Inverses and pseudo-inverses
- The State Preference Model, replication and arbitrage
- Optimization (basic and more advanced topics)
- Eigenvalues and eigenvectors – Introduction to AHP (Analytic Hierarchic Process)
- Decisions with AHP
The course is aimed at students in economics, sciences, IT and engineering but is also directed to professionals and to the general public (with adequate analytic skills) interested in formal decision-making, linear algebra, R use and computational tools. A class of students of Ca’ Foscari will work on the material to gain partial credits for their academic program (with additional studying activities).