In case you missed the news last week, the R Consortium was announced. This new non-profit trade group will work with the R Foundation to support the R Community and the R Project generally.
As you might expect, the announcement generated quite a bit of news in the press. Here are links to some of the coverage:
- Venturebeat: Microsoft, Oracle, HP, Tibco, RStudio form the R Consortium under the Linux Foundation
- Datanami: Consortium Makes Business Case For R Language
- Computerworld: Update: Google, Microsoft, Oracle back new R Consortium at Linux Foundation
- CIO: R Consortium aims to strengthen data analysis
- Infoworld: Open source lives! The R project is the real deal
Founding members of the R Consortium include Microsoft, RStudio, TIBCO, Alteryx, HP, Mango Solutions, Google, Ketchum Trading and Oracle. In addition to the announcement on this blog, many of the founding members had their own announcements:
- Microsoft Technet: Microsoft Joins the R Consortium
- RStudio blog: Accelerating R: RStudio and the new R Consortium
- Mango Solutions press release: Mango Solutions and The R Consortium
- Oracle blog: R Consortium Launched!
I'm sure there will be plenty of more news from the R Consortium to come. Stay tuned!