The latest update to Revolution R Open, RRO 3.2.0, is now available for download from MRAN. In addition to new features, this release tracks the version number of the underlying R engine version (so this is the release following RRO 8.0.3).
Revolution R Open 3.2.0 includes:
- The latest R engine, R 3.2.0. This includes many improvements, including faster processing, reduced memory usage, support for bigger in-memory objects, and an improved byte compiler.
- Multi-threaded math processing, reducing the time for some numerical operations on multi-core systems.
- A focus on reproducibility, with access to a fixed CRAN snapshot taken on May 1, 2015. Many new and updated packages are available since the previous release of RRO — see the latest Package Spotlight for details. CRAN packages released since May 1 can be easily (and reproducibly!) accessed with the checkpoint function.
- Binary downloads for Windows, Mac and Linux systems.
- 100% compatibility with R 3.2.0, RStudio and all other R-based applications.
You can download Revolution R Open now from the link below, and we welcome comments, suggestions and other discussion on the RRO Google Group. If you're new to Revolution R Open, here are some tips to get started, and there are many data sources you can explore with RRO. Thanks go as always to the contributors to the R Project upon which RRO is built.