We are pleased to announce our proposal ‘Subsetted and parallel computations in matrixStats‘ for Google Summer of Code. The project is aimed for a student with experience in R and C, it runs for three months, and the student gets paid 5500 USD by Google. Students from (almost) all over the world can apply. Application deadline is March 27, 2015. I, Henrik Bengtsson, and Héctor Corrada Bravo will be joint mentors. Communication and mentoring will occur online. We’re looking forward to your application.
- The matrixStats GSoC project: https://github.com/rstats-gsoc/gsoc2015/wiki/matrixStats
- CRAN page: http://cran.r-project.org/package=matrixStats
- GitHub page: https://github.com/HenrikBengtsson/matrixStats
- R Project GSoC wiki: https://github.com/rstats-gsoc/gsoc2015
- Google Summer of Code (GSoC) page: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2015