Another year, another web scraping course. Taught through SSRMC at the University of Cambridge. Below are slides from all three sessions.
In the course I tried to achieve the following:
– Show how to connect R to resources online
– Use loops and functions to iteratively access online content
– How to work with APIs
– How to harvest data manually using Xpath expressions.
– Many more examples and practice tasks
– Updated API usage
– Some bug fixes (and probably many new bugs introduced)
Slides from last year’s course:
– session one: the basics
– session two: digging deeper
– session three: scaling up
– session four: APIs