[This article was first published on CHITKA
, and kindly contributed to R-bloggers
]. (You can report issue about the content on this page here
Want to share your content on R-bloggers? click here
if you have a blog, or here
if you don't.
Next week is going to be a vacation and most of us are going on vacation. Me too. However, I thought that this Christmas I would OFFER fellow researchers a GOOD SERVICE.
Many of the biologists are learning to deal with their high-throughput sequencing data. I also started just like you and spent hours and days learning R/Bioconductor related packages. Now, I thought I would SAVE your time and offer the data-analysis skills I have developed at most affordable price for the researchers (actually, my service is FREE, I collect charges only to PREVENT SPAM requests and some of it will go into developing further resources to help users like you)
Here are the details of my christmas offer: I am now offering methylation analysis for two samples (1 control and 1 test). As part of my offering you would get the following done:
- QC report of the FASTQ reads
- Mapping (hg19/mm10) using BISMARK
- Bisulfite efficiency analysis (if you have used lambda spike in)
- methylKit workflow to suit your needs
- Additional workflow in bioconductor to extract the list of genic elements/or non-genic elements with differentially methylated CpGs
Not only this, I also offer 30min – 1 hr consultation on planning methylome experiments (RRBS/WGBS). Yes, you read it right, I do data analysis and I build NGS libraries my self. So, I can help you planning experiments. I have built and sequenced over 100 RRBS libraries and 10 WGBS libraries from 10ng – 30ng DNA (I have NOT heard of any commercial service provider offering methylomes from such smaller amounts of DNA). So, with my tips you can build NGS libraries from very precious samples. I know the ins and outs of NGS library prep and good understanding of methylation analysis. I can see the QC and tell you what has gone wrong in the library prep (if there is any).
- RRBS/WGBS consultation (Sample processing, library prep, data analysis) for 30min to 1 hr : $15 for 30 min (total 6 slots for consultation)
- RRBS data analysis as mentioned above : $ 50 (only 10 slots)
WGBS data analysis : $50 (only 1 slot)
- I will also explain you the pipeline and the results will be delivered in neatly explained document/ppt. If necessary over skype/hangout
- WGBS analysis will NOT cover the above data analysis due to huge cost of time and computational resources. I will do QC report, mapping and bisulfite efficiency analysis only.
- After experiencing this service if you feel that my expertise is not useful for you, I WILL RETURN 80% of the price you PAID with NO QUESTIONS ASKED. All you have to do is just ask for your money. I am sure people reading this are true to their conscience. I do not want anybody to comment on this blog that they have lost money. So, my reputation is at stake if you are not satisfied.
- If you happen to use the results, you need not give me any contribution. Its YOUR data.
You can contact me using my personal email id at kalyankpy[at]gmail[dot]com for further details.
Disclaimer: Pls note that this is not marketing or business. I want to share my expertise and skill to the needed (I have been active in the methylkit_discussion forum on google groups for the topics I am familiar with). However, I don’t want to invite SPAMMERS or JUNK. Price for this service is meant to invite genuine researchers only. Some of the money raised will be used in developing additional online resources for methylation anlaysis.