There are new local R user groups in eight (!) countries to announce this month:
- Sweden is host to the first R user group in Scandinavia. StockholmR has been holding meetings since September, and their next meeting on November 28 will be on Teaching R and Data visualization using R.
- In Taiwan, the Taipei-based Taiwan useR Group holds regular Monday meetings on machine learning and data mining with R. Their next meeting is on October 29.
- The first R user group in Thailand, Chang-Mai R has brings together R users in Chiang Mai province. You can also connect with other Thai R users via their Facebook page.
- The Marburg R Local User Group boosts a strong R presence in Germany, bringing the total number of R user groups in the country to eight.
- Luxembourg also boasts a new local R user group. Join LuxR on MeetUp to help organize their first meeting.
- The Poznań R Users is a Warsaw-based group for R users in Poland. Visit the Thinking in R blog for news of upcoming meetings and slides and reviews from previous meetups.
- The brand-new New Delhi UseR Group joins Bangalore as the second R user group in India. No meetings are scheduled yet, but you can join the group to help organize the first.
- Last but not least, Comunidad R Hispano is an on-line forum for R users across Spain. Local chapters in Madrid and Barcelona host meetings for local R users in those cities.
Several of these groups have taken advantage of sponsorship from Revolution Analytics to get their R user group up and running. If you're thinking about starting an R user group in your city, or help organize an existing group, applications for R user group sponsorship for 2013 are now open. If you'd like to join an R user group in your area, you can find a directory at the link below.
Revolutions: Local R User Group Directory