Today we're pleased to announce the availability of the latest update to the Revolution R family, Revolution R Enterprise 4.2. This release includes all of the capabilities of the most powerful statistical software available, open-source R (version 2.11.1), plus additional components for big data analysis, integration, user experience and more. Version 4.2 includes a number of new features, including:
- Direct import of SAS data sets into the native, efficient XDF file format
- Direct import of fixed-format text data files into XDF file format
- New commands to read subsets of rows and variables from XDF files in memory;
- Many enhancements to the R Productivity Environment (RPE) for Windows
- Expanded and updated user documentation
- Added support on Linux for the big-data statistics package RevoScaleR
- Added support on Windows for Web Services integration of predictive analytics with RevoDeployR.
As always, Revolution R Enterprise is available for download free of charge to academic users worldwide.
We're particularly excited about the new ability to import SAS data sets into R, and we're inviting companies who've been thinking about converting linear regressions, logistic regressions or crosstabulations currently done in SAS to let us show they can be done faster and cheaper in Revolution R, with our SAS to R Challenge (see the link for full details).
Revolution Analytics press releases: Revolution Analytics Unlocks SAS data for R