Revolution Analytics is growing, and we're looking for some skilled R Hackers to work in our pre-Sales team. A big part of our task is showing companies how R is such a great tool for modern data analysis (especially compared to those older tools with 3- or 4-letter acronyms). So if you have a knack for applying R to new problems and data sets (especially on a short deadline) and the enthusiasm and personality to show it off in person, let us know. You can apply at the link below, and the full job description is after the jump.
On a personal note, I took a similar role as my first job after my post-grad work. It was for S-PLUS (this was before R even existed), and I totally loved it. It was a blast being able to apply the data analysis skills I'd spent so long learning to real problems on a day by day basis. On top of that, I got to learn the specifics of data analysis in many “verticals” (quantitative finance, drug discovery, etc.) and meet hundreds of interesting people in new places. If you're looking for a fun job that broadens your skills in practical ways, I can personally recommend joining the pre-Sales team.
Revolution Analytics careers: Pre-Sales / Technical Sales
Revolution Analytics is the leading commercial provider of software and support for the open source “R” statistical computing language. Our products, including Revolution R and Revolution R Enterprise, enable statisticians, scientists and others to create superior predictive models and derive meaning from mission-critical data in record time. Revolution Analytics works closely with the R community to incorporate the latest developments in open source R and with our clients to support their efforts to produce ground-breaking innovations in life sciences, financial services, defense technology and other industries where high-level analytics are crucial to success.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about R, have experience with data analysis in an enterprise data environment, and love working with customers. In addition, candidates should be solution oriented with an ability to stay cool while managing multiple tasks and changing priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the technical expert that supports Sales through product demonstrations, expertise in product capabilities, and proof of concept applications.
- Help lead our effort to further build the pre-sales engineering team.
- Respond to customer requests for information, and assist in installations and product use prior to sale.
- Assist Marketing by developing white papers, relevant technical examples, and case studies.
- Work with the Marketing and Product Development teams to maintain currency on the technical capabilities of the product and the product roadmap.
- Actively communicate customer feedback to Sales and Marketing.
- Support product demonstrations at trade shows, seminars and other events.
- Participate in training courses, support and consulting engagements as needed.
- Ability to travel up to 20%