The latest issue of the R Journal is out, and as always includes many useful articles about using R and R packages. Articles in Volume 3/1 dive into topics including
- creating test for R packages with test_that;
- dealing with times, time zones, dates and holidays with timeDate;
- social network analysis of mailing lists through text mining;
- creating choropleths and other data visualizatons of global data with the rworldmap package;
- how to incorporate raster images into R graphics (such as JPGs and PNGs) with the new rasterImage function;
- visualizing electronic order books in financial trading with the orderbook package;
- weather forecasting using Bayesian model averaging; and
- papers on boolean functions and differential evolution.
Also included for those planning to attend the useR! worldwide R user conference in August (or indeed for anyone presenting technical or scientific materials) are useful tips on giving a useR talk and presenting your work. Check out the complete issue available for free download at the link below.
R Journal: Volume 3/1