The next version of RStudio (v0.95) is now available as a preview release. Highlights include:
- Projects — A new system for managing R projects that enables easy switching between working directories, running multiple instances of RStudio with different projects, and per-project contexts for source documents, workspaces, and history.
- Code Navigation — Typeahead navigation by file or function name (Ctrl+.) and the ability to navigate directly to the definition of any function (F2 or Ctrl+Click).
- Version Control — Integrated support for Git and Subversion, including changelist management, diffing/staging, and project history.
Detailed documentation on the new features will be available along with the final release of v0.95, which we expect to make available by the end of January.
We’re also planning on being at the Chicago, Houston, and Los Angeles R User Groups over the next few weeks. We’ll be talking about the new release as well as the general state of the project and where people would like to see us go in the future. Meeting dates are:
- Chicago (Thursday, January 26th)
- Houston (Tuesday, February 7th)
- Los Angeles (Thursday, February 9th)
Thanks in advance to everyone who tries out the preview release (you can download it here). Let us know what works, what doesn’t, and what else you’d like to see us do.