The final program for the worldwide user conference, useR! 2011, is now available as a downloadable booklet (PDF, 7Mb). Revolution Analytics is very proud to sponsor this annual gathering of R users from around the world, and the program includes an outstanding lineup of speakers from the R Core Group, package developers, users in industry and academia, and the community at large.
A couple of handy tips from the booklet for anyone travelling to Coventry for the conference:
- The University is not in the town of Warwick (which is about 8 miles away), and it is not the same as Coventry University (which is a different university, located in the centre of Coventry). This is important when telling taxi drivers where you want to be!
- There will be Wi-Fi available to attendees at the conference location, but only wired connections at the on-campus accommodations. Bring an ethernet cable!
We have a contingent of folks heading over from the Revolution Analytics team — keep an eye out for:
- Lee Edlefsen, Chief Scientist, giving the invited lecture Scalable Data Analysis in R
- Sue Ranney, VP Product Development, giving the talk It’s a Boy! An Analysis of Tens of Millions of Birth Records Using R
- Sheri Gilley, Principal UI Designer, who will demonstrate a new task-based GUI for R
- David Smith (me), VP Marketing and Community, talking about the R ecosystem, and
- Derek Norton, Sr Sales Engineer, on the panel discussion Challenges Bringing R into Commercial Environments
We look forward to seeing you there!
useR 2011: The R User Conference 2011