Revolution Analytics is hiring! We're looking for a Sales Engineer -- someone who can show Revolution R to potential customers and really show off what R can do in an applied setting. (Fun fact: this was my first job when I left university, and it's a lot of fun.) The job description is below, please pass it along to anyone who may be interested.
PreSales / Technical Sales (Associate/Senior)
Palo Alto, CA
Revolution Analytics is the leading commercial provider of software and support for the open source “R” statistical computing language. Our products, including Revolution R and Revolution R Enterprise, enable statisticians, scientists and others to create superior predictive models and derive meaning from mission-critical data in record time. Revolution Analytics works closely with the R community to incorporate the latest developments in open source R and with our clients to support their efforts to produce ground-breaking innovations in life sciences, financial services, defense technology and other industries where high-level analytics are crucial to success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the technical expert that supports Sales through product demonstrations, expertise in product capabilities, and proof of concept applications.
- Respond to customer requests for information, and assist in installations and product use prior to sale.
- Assist Marketing by developing white papers, relevant technical examples, and case studies.
- Work with the Marketing and Product Development teams to maintain currency on the technical capabilities of the product and the product roadmap.
- Actively communicate customer feedback to Sales and Marketing.
- Support product demonstrations at trade shows, seminars and other events.
- Participate in training courses, support and consulting engagements as needed.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience in developing and presenting technical subject matter.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Expert in R programming including some experience with database interfaces.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a consulting/client-facing role including some interaction with enterprise IT, system integration, and development in both Windows and Linux environments.
- MS in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or related field.
- Local candidates only (Bay Area).
- Some experience with other commercial data analysis packages such as SAS, SPSS, JMP, or Matlab.
- Additional experience with one or more of the following: Hadoop, Netezza, Relational database management systems, Talend, Ab Initio, Python, Java, PMML, BI tools, web services, cloud computing.
join Revolution Analytics. At a time when many companies are cutting back, we’re still offering a competitive compensation package that includes a solid base salary, full health care including dental, long-term disability, and 401(k). Revolution Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.