We’ve just released the newest version of NIMBLE on CRAN and on our website. Version 0.6-8 has a few new features, and more are on the way in the next few months.
New features include:
- the proper Gaussian CAR (conditional autoregressive) model can now be used in BUGS code as dcar_proper, which behaves similarly to BUGS’ car.proper distribution;
- a new nimbleMCMC function that provides one-line invocation of NIMBLE’s MCMC engine, akin to usage of JAGS and WinBUGS through R;
- a new runCrossValidate function that will conduct k-fold cross-validation of NIMBLE models fit by MCMC;
- dynamic indexing in BUGS code is now allowed by default;
- and a variety of bug fixes and efficiency improvements.
Please see the NEWS file in the installed package for more details.