I have been using R for a few years and have been amazed at the variety of people who use the language. R has an unusually diverse and creative community. If you are an R user, I would really like to learn a bit more about how you use R and Shiny technologies. If you use R but don’t use Shiny – that’s OK – please fill out the survey as well!
The survey is on google docs. No login required: http://goo.gl/forms/TtA71XdsUc
Please forward this link on to others who use R. More data is better!
I plan on providing an analysis of the results in an upcoming post. Thanks for participating!
UPDATE: There has been a great response so far! Most traffic has been coming through R-Bloggers or Google, so please share the link with others in the R community to ensure we get as many folks participating as possible.
I will leave the poll open until early next week and will begin analyzing results after this time.
UPDATE 2: Its Christmas Eve, and the poll has been closed. Here are a couple of quick notes on the easily quantifiable results:
- There were 377 respondents to the survey.
- Over half of those who responded have been using R 2-5 years.
- More than 3/4 of the respondents use R on Windows.
- More than 3/4 of all respondents have created a Shiny Application and 65% have deployed it.
- More than 80% used the Shiny docs to learn the platform.