My lightning talk at the useR!2017 conference was R in Minecraft: a five-minute tour of the miner and craft packages and associated book designed to teach kids how to use the R language while manipulating the world of Minecraft. You can see my talk below (starting at the 10:40 mark), and the slides (mostly created in Minecraft) are available for download as well.
Check the rest of that video for some other interesting lighting talks from that session:
- [00:00] Christian Thiele: The cutpointr package: Improved and tidy estimation of optimal cutpoints
- [05:20] Edwin Thoen: Preparing Datetime Data with Padr
- [10:40] David Smith: R in Minecraft
- [16:00] Munshi Imran Hossain: Digital Signal Processing with R
- [21:20] Lars Rönnegård: Data Analysis Using Hierarchical Generalized Linear Models with R
- [26:40] Florian Privé: The R package bigstatsr: Memory- and Computation-Efficient Statistical Tools for Big Matrices
- [32:00] Malte Grosser: Advanced R Solutions — A Bookdown Project
- [37:20] Eugene Ha: Functional Input Validation with valaddin
- [42:40] Florian Schwendinger: ROI – R Optimization Infrastructure
- [48:00] Bart Smeets: simmer: Discrete-Event Simulation for R (very interesting if you want to simulate interconnected queues, inventories, or things like that)
- [53:20] Edwin de Jonge: Data Error! But where?