Generate simple HTML slides using deck.js and markdown
RStudio and knitr are an excellent conbination for generating dynamic reports. But in this blog, I will show you how to generate HTML-style presentaion using R only.
OK, I confess that we still need something else: deck.js and markdown and R.utils.
- deck.js is an JavaScrip together with some css and html files which define the slide section, structures, fonts, colors, etc.
- markdown is a R-package which can convert markdown format to html format.
- R.utils is a R-package. we will use its copyDirectory function for copying all context under a folder.
The idea is simple:
- Create an empty folder, such like “C:/demo”;
- Copy the deck.js folder to the above directory. “C:/demo/deck.js”
- Create an empty ASCII format file, ending with .md, which is the main file containing the contexts which will be presented.
- Convert the markdown file to html format using the function markdownToHTML in R-package markdown.
- Insert the above html file into the template for deck.js presentaion.
htmlSlide Demo htmlSlide1.0.zip
htmlSlide(file = “demo”)p>
This is an simple example. The source file can be downloaded here.
offers daily e-mail updates
news and tutorials
on topics such as: Data science
, Big Data, R jobs
, visualization (ggplot2
), programming (RStudio
, Web Scraping
) statistics (regression
, time series
) and more...
If you got this far, why not subscribe for updates
from the site? Choose your flavor: e-mail
, or facebook