|Companies using R|
If you are skeptical about the scope of R in future, this tutorial would help you clear doubts. It covers some of the great facts about R and why R is considered as the top programming language in predictive modeling and what are the companies primarily using it.
|R : Packages Download|
- Interactive Visualization with Shiny package (Equivalent SAS Product : Visual Analytics)
- Ensemble Learning / Machine Learning (SAS Product : SAS Enterprise Miner)
- Text / Social Media Mining (SAS Product : SAS Text Miner)
- Optimization and Forecasting (SAS Product : SAS ETS, PROC OPTMODEL)
- RStudio IDE (SAS Product : SAS Enterprise Guide)
5. New statistical and machine learning algorithms are implemented in R much more quicker than any other statistical tool as R is the first choice of researchers.
Companies using R
The following is a list of companies using R. It’s not a complete list but a sample of the actual population.
The data used here were collected from MicrosoftR blog, RStudio, Quora, Indeed job portal and other jobs consulting firms and career community websites.
Click on the link below to navigate to the desired section –
- Facebook – For behavior analysis related to status updates and profile pictures.
- Google – For advertising effectiveness and economic forecasting.
- Twitter – For data visualization and semantic clustering
- Microsoft – Acquired Revolution R company and use it for a variety of purposes.
- Uber – For statistical analysis
- Airbnb – Scale data science.
- IBM – Joined R Consortium Group
- ANZ – For credit risk modeling
- New York Times – For data visualization
IT Companies using R
It includes major companies providing IT and professional services using R in India and other parts of the world.
- Amadeus IT Group
- HCL Technologies
- Hexaware Technologies
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech
- NIIT Tech
- Oracle Financial Services Software
- R Systems Ltd
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Tech Mahindra
Analytics and Consulting Companies using R
The below list comprises of niche analytics companies as well as consulting companies providing analytics or market research services.
- A.T. Kearney
- AC Nielsen
- Bain & Company
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Deloitte Consulting
- Fractal Analytics
- Latent View
- Manthan Systems
- McKinsey & Company
- Mu Sigma
- SIBIA Analytics
- The Boston Consulting Group
- Tiger Analytics
- Tower Watson
- ZS Associate
It includes major US and European Banks, Insurance Companies and Other financial institutions using R.
- American Express
- Bank of America
- Barclays Bank
- Bazaj allianz Insurance
- Bharti Axa insurance
- Dun &Bradstreet
- JP Morgan
- Lloyds Banking
- Standard Chartered
- Wells Fargo
- Goldman Sachs
- Morgan Stanley
- PNC Bank
- Citizens Bank
- Fifth Third Bank
I tried to cover maximum of the names but i’m sure many are missed in the list. Would you mind sharing the remaining names? 🙂