We hereby call for the submission of original papers for a Special Issue of the Journal of Statistical Software (JSS – http://www.jstatsoft.org)
planned for Summer 2011. The deadline for submission is October 31, 2010.
All MRI modalities are welcome, for example, structural MRI, functional MRI, diffusion tensor or diffusion-weighted imaging, perfusion MRI, pharmacological MRI, and others. Topics of interested include, but are not limited to,
- New analysis techniques for MRI data and their implementation.
- The implementation of established MRI analysis techniques.
- The incorporation of third-party open-source medical imaging software with R.
- Data management.
- (Semi-)Automated techniques for quality control.
- Visualization of medical imaging data and/or modelling results.
All papers will be subjected to the peer-review process, and must comply with the Guide for Authors; see http://www.jstatsoft.org for more details. Please address any comments or inquiries as well as submission of papers to one of the guest editors below.
Brandon Whitcher and Karsten Tabelow
GlaxoSmithKline Clinical Imaging Centre
Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College
London, United Kingdom
Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics