If you managed to attend our LondonR in-person event in January, you will have noticed that the events team has gone purple as the baton officially passes from Mango Solutions to Ascent in supporting all R community events, from Bristol, Manchester and LondonR to the annual flagship EARL conference.
The Enterprise Applications of the R Language Conference (EARL) is a cross-sector conference focusing on the commercial use of the R programming language, and this year it’s taking place in person on the 6th – 8th September at the Tower Hotel in London.
With Mango founder Rich Pugh at the helm as Ascent’s Chief Data Scientist, we’re super proud to be continuing the legacy and picking up the organisation of industry favourite EARL, an event that has built an enviable reputation since it was introduced in 2014. Attracting presenters from some of the world’s leading brands and an audience of some of the most influential people in R, EARL has developed into a must-attend conference for many, and the source of innovative new solutions to real-world commercial challenges.
“EARL The conference for data scientists who use R.”
Real commercial R use cases.
As one of the world’s most widely adopted analytic languages, R has gained tremendous traction in data science projects over the years and today remains the programming language of choice for most statisticians. R’s vibrant package ecosystem and strong community and resources gives data scientists the ability to tackle any analytical challenge, from economic risk management to customer behavioural analysis. Across the pandemic, we saw R play a pivotal role on the global stage in informing effective, data-led decisions across an evolving landscape. The EARL conference attracts the same diversity of applications: past talks feature a wide variety of topics from journey planning to preventing human trafficking and technical talks on app development in R-Shiny and DevOps. Here’s some examples from previous years:
- Using data to help reduce station overcrowding – Transport for London
- Data to Deployment: Overcoming the challenges of embedding R models in Production – Royal London
- Using data to flex analytical muscle: How data science, culture and commercial rigour comes together to drive better ROI – The Gym Group
- Using data to determine how much milk cows produce – Arla Foods
- Using data to drive better decisions – Hiscox
EARL is renowned for making delegates feel inspired, both by the creative work they see and in conversation with other R users. If some of these use cases have inspired you to tell your story – our call for abstracts is now open and the most appreciate and attentive audience in the industry is waiting for you…! Submit your abstract here.
“EARL has given me things to change TODAY and other things I’ll be thinking about for a long time.”
5 reasons to attend EARL 2022.
EARL attracts a huge following and is supported by companies year after year. It offers great opportunities to learn technical skills and gives you the chance to explore solutions to the common issues facing the community. In conversation with your team, here’s some of our top reasons EARL 2022 needs to be on your list of must-attend conferences:
- Compelling keynotes: We’ll be revealing our headliners in the next few weeks but rest assured they’ll be unmissable…
- Deep dive workshops delivered by leading R consultants: EARL’s ever-popular Day 1 agenda features a variety of workshops for 2022 designed to enhance your skills in Explainable Machine Learning, Time Series Visualisation, Shiny, Purr and Plumber, backed by a library of resources.
- Custom agenda: Build your own conference programme from the 60+ sessions on offer, based on relevance to your industry or use case (or just because!)
- Expand your network: Invaluable networking opportunities throughout the conference. Meet like-minded professionals and enjoy a cocktail with the best in the business.
- Creative playground: Get inspired by the latest solutions and explore ideas that you can take back to your business.
We came away inspired by some of the sophisticated work and creative ideas we saw and a new perspective on issues facing the community. EARL is a highly recommended event for anyone using R to support their business.
Whether you’re coding, wrangling data, leading a team of R users or making data-driven decisions, EARL 2022 offers insights you can immediately action across your company. We can’t wait to see you there.
Tickets go on sale in May 2022.