- On behalf of rOpenSci, thank you to everyone who has contributed their creativity, curiosity, smarts, and time in the last year. Read our Thank You, 2019.
Software Peer Review
3 community-contributed packages passed software peer review.
2 new packages from the community and our staff are on CRAN.
- babette – Control BEAST2 from R. Author: Richèl J.C. Bilderbeek
- crevents – Client for the Crossref Events API. Author: Scott Chamberlain
On the Blog
From the rOpenSci team
- Working with audio in R using av Tech Note – Jeroen Ooms
- We cleaned our website URLs with R! Tech Note – Maëlle Salmon, Stefanie Butland, Scott Chamberlain
- HTTP testing in R: overview of tools and new features Tech Note – Scott Chamberlain
- rOpenSci Code of Conduct Annual Review – Stefanie Butland, Scott Chamberlain, Kara Woo
- 2 Months in 2 Minutes – rOpenSci News, December 2019 – Stefanie Butland
From the community
- taxadb: A High-Performance Local Taxonomic Database Interface – Kari Norman
- The Fun of Building Things and the Challenge of Learning – the rOpenSci OzUnconf 2019 – Steph Stammel
- Call BEAST2 for Bayesian evolutionary analysis from R – Richèl J.C. Bilderbeek
- 49 published works cited or used rOpenSci software (listed in individual newsletters)
- 5 use cases for our packages or resources were posted in our discussion forum Look for lawn, osmdata, pdftools, refsplitr, rnoaa, tabulizer.
Have you used an rOpenSci package? Share your use case and we’ll tweet about it.