The 4.4.0 release of simmer, the Discrete-Event Simulator for R, is on CRAN. This update stabilises a new pace of a couple of new releases per year, which is more appropriate given the maturity that the project has reached.
This release brings us a dozen bug fixes and improvements, including the unification of the
renege API, further enhancements of convenience function to set up generators, and performance improvements for the simulation environment definition thanks to the vectorisation of
add_generator. See below for a complete list of changes.
leave()with the same behaviour as in
renege_if(). Code and documentation of these functions are now integrated under
- Convenience functions
from_toaccept dynamic parameters for arguments
- Activities to interact with sources have been vectorised to modify multiple sources at once (#222).
- Several generators or resources with the same parameters can be added with a single call to
add_resource()respectively if a vector of names is provided (#221).
Minor changes and fixes:
get_mon_*()dispatch for named lists (#210).
- Get/put the RNG state when random numbers are required in the backend (#218).
- Fix convenience functions
from_toto preserve the environment of the supplied functions (as part of #219).
- Documentation improvements (#212, #220).
- Fix queueing in multiple resources after preemption (#224 addressing #206).