[This article was first published on R on Ralf Stubner
, and kindly contributed to R-bloggers
]. (You can report issue about the content on this page here
Want to share your content on R-bloggers? click here
if you have a blog, or here
if you don't.
I have blogged
before, but I
forgot to write about the v0.2.0 release, even though that brought a lot of
changes including the
fast sampling methods
- Add R side support for selecting multiple streams for parallel usage.
long_jump() for Xo(ro)shiro as alternative to
providing fewer streams with longer period.
- Handle R’s RNG scope properly during initialisation.
- New functions
dqsample.int using an unbiased sampling
R_unif_index() instead of
unif_rand() to retrieve random data
from R’s RNG in
- Scalar RNGs in the C++ API:
The list of changes for v0.2.1, which made it onto CRAN today, is much shorter:
- Make template specialisations
inline and include required standard headers (Aaron Lun in #29 fixing #28)
- Add workaraound for new C++ compiler with old libc (#30 fixing #27)
- Update maintainer’s email address