Join the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine for a webinar series on undergraduate data science education. Webinars will take place on Tuesdays from 3-4pm ET starting onSeptember 12 and ending on November 14. See below for the list of dates and themes for each webinar.
This webinar series is part of an input-gathering initiative for a National Academies study on Envisioning the Data Science Discipline: The Undergraduate Perspective. Learn more about the study, read the interim report, and share your thoughts with the committee on the study webpage at nas.edu/EnvisioningDS.
Webinar speakers will be posted as they are confirmed on the webinar series website.
Webinar Dates and Topics
- 9/12/17 – Building Data Acumen
- 9/19/17 – Incorporating Real-World Applications
- 9/26/17 – Faculty Training and Curriculum Development
- 10/3/17 – Communication Skills and Teamwork
- 10/10/17 – Inter-Departmental Collaboration and Institutional Organization
- 10/17/17 – Ethics
- 10/24/17 – Assessment and Evaluation for Data Science Programs
- 11/7/17 – Diversity, Inclusion, and Increasing Participation
- 11/14/17 – Two-Year Colleges and Institutional Partnerships
All webinars take place from 3-4pm ET. If you plan to join us online, please register to attend. You will have the option to register for the entire webinar series or for individual webinars.
Share Your Input
The study committee is seeking public input for consideration in their upcoming report which will set forth a vision for the emerging discipline of data science at the undergraduate level. To share your input with the committee, please fill out this form.