This release comes with the following changes:
- Upgraded to Apache POI 3.16
- Performance improvements to setCellStyle for large row/col vectors
- Added support for setting hyperlinks
- Fixed an issue with missing Java classes when opening password protected files #61
- Upgraded to XLConnectJars 0.2-13
XLConnect is a comprehensive and cross-platform R package for manipulating Microsoft Excel files from within R. XLConnect differs from other related R packages in that it is completely cross-platform and as such runs under Windows, Unix/Linux and Mac (32- and 64-bit). Moreover, it does not require any installation of Microsoft Excel or any other special drivers to be able to read & write Excel files. The only requirement is a recent version of a Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
Please log any enhancement requests or bug reports with a simple and self-contained reproducible example on our GitHub repository.