[social4i size=”large” align=”float-right”] Guest post by Maciej Beręsewicz. It has been a very active semester in Europe regarding R meetings. After two successful main events: satRday in Budapest, and EARL in London, now is the turn for eRum 2016, the first European R users meeting. More than 250 data scientists will meet in Poznan, Poland, from 12th to 14th of October, to discuss and present innovative uses of the statistical language R in different industries, academic world, and government. A crucial part of an event like this is the support of sponsors for many reasons: In first place they make possible to keep registration fees low, so more people can attend; they also help to validate the meeting inside the R global community; they contribute to the sessions with innovative applications in real business environments; and they add more value to the conference by the direct interaction with the rest of the attendants on coffee breaks and social events, or directly on their exhibition stands. As organizers of eRum 2016 we are very proud and grateful to have well known and innovative companies who believe in our contribution to the R community and will make eRum 2016 a great meeting of useRs. Let us introduce our current sponsors!
- McKinsey & Company is a leading international management consulting firm with more than 100 offices in over 60 countries. They are the trusted advisor to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and institutions on issues of strategy, organization and operations. McKinsey Analytics brings the latest analytical techniques plus a deep understanding of industry dynamics and corporate functions to help clients create the most value from data. The company has rapidly growing Analytics teams tackling tough challenges in this area for clients in all industries and geographies. Peek inside a team room and learn about life at McKinsey from some of Analytics colleagues
- Microsoft. It’s hard for us to tell you something about Microsoft you don’t know, but let us try: It has the most open source contributors in Github, is the responsible of developing the Microsoft R Open and Microsoft R Server editions, and its commitment to R is also reflected in its integration to their tools SQL Server, PowerBI, Azure, and Cortana Analytics.
- Analyx stands for marketing analytics at CMO level. They combine decades of industry experience with state-of-the-art big data methods, and cast this into easy-to-operate software tools for improving the success of customers marketing activities.
- eoda is assisting their clients permanently in handling their data effectively ? from the collection to the analysis to the inference of recommendations for action. Their portfolio of solutions includes consulting, analytic services, R academy, and data science products
- DataCamp is the easiest way to learn data science online. Their R courses cover from general topics as “Introduction to R” to more specific like “Credit Risk Modelling”, and they also offer on demand data science training for business teams.
- Quantide is specialized in IT services for statistical purposes. The company is a leading expert in R, offering data analysis, reporting, dashboards, and advanced development and analytics to their clients, but is also offering R training in topics such data mining, data manipulation, and statistical models among others.
- RStudio is the home of open source and enterprise ready professional software for R. Not only their RStudio product is the most popular R IDE among users, but also their packages are some of the most used by the R community including shiny, ggplot, dplyr, R Markdown, and many more.
- WLOG Solutions is offering mathematical modelling methods to help their clients take advantage of the data they possess to solve complex decision making problems. Their solutions include optimization, data analysis and simulations.