Between the Strata conference and various announcements, last week was certainly a busy one for the crew here at Revolution Analytics. So I thought I'd take the opportunity to catch you up on some of the recent media articles you might have missed:
- The Wall Street Journal interviewed our new VP of Services Neera Talbert on the trend towards hiring remote employees working from home (a trend that Yahoo's Marissa Mayer is famously bucking)
- InformationWeek reported on 6 recent big data advances, including the in-Hadoop predictive analytics that Revolution Analytics is developing with Hortonworks.
- ZDNet reported on the new alliances and support of the Intel and Hortonworks Hadoop distributions with Revolution R Enterprise
- The Register provided an overview of the supported Hadoop platforms for Revolution R Enterprise, including Hortonworks, Intel, BigInsights and Cloudera.
- Database Trends and Applications also reported that Hortonworks is now a supported platform for use with Revolution R Enterprise.
- ODBMS Industry Watch interviewed me about Big Data, the role of data scientists, and the impact of R.
You can find other recent mentions of R and Revolution Analytics in the media in our press page.