My first book on probability is completed. HTML version is freely available at theanalysisofdata.com and print version coming soon at a discounted price. Also, check out chapters 4 and 5 (available in pdf format) of the upcoming second volume on R programming and R graphics.
http://theanalysisofdata.com/probability/viewer1.html (single page viewer)
http://theanalysisofdata.com/probability/viewer2.html (two page viewer)
http://theanalysisofdata.com/probability/0/0-2.pdf (table of contents)
http://theanalysisofdata.com/computing/R.pdf (R programming pdf version)
http://theanalysisofdata.com/computing/graphics.pdf (R graphics pdf version)
The book represents my best effort at capturing the part of probability that is necessary and sufficient for an in-depth understanding of machine learning and statistics. It does not cover statistics, which will be described in a later volume. The book is part of the Analysis of Data Project (TAOD), which provides educational material on the area of data analysis.
- The project features comprehensive coverage of all relevant disciplines including probability, statistics, computing, and machine learning.
- The content is almost self-contained and includes mathematical prerequisites and basic computing concepts.
- The R programming language is used to demonstrate the contents. Full code is available, facilitating reproducibility of experiments and letting readers experiment with variations of the code.
- The presentation is mathematically rigorous, and includes derivations and proofs in most cases.
- HTML versions are freely available on the website http://theanalysisofdata.com. Hardcopies are available at affordable prices.