Hungarian RUG: lighting talks
The only Hungarian R User Group so far, the Budapest Users of R Network
(BURN), with already more than 120 members, is hosting several lighting talks on the 15th of January (Wednesday):
- Bence Arató (BI Consulting): Who uses R?
- László Bodó: C++ calls in R
- Csaba Burger (Burg Analytics): Financial decisions with lme4
- Gergely Daróczi (rapporter.net): A Pandoc writer in R
- Imre Kocsis (BME MIT): RHadoop. MapReduce in R
- László Köleséri (Planiméter): MED Watch Dashboard
- György Nádudvari (Quanopt): R & Python collaboration
- György Ottucsák: Using R in production. Online Forecasting Application
- Ágnes Salánki (BME MIT): Anomaly detection in R
- Gergely Tóth (rapporter.net): R as a GIS tool
- Gábor Urbanics (Quanopt): Intro to MonetDB.R
The format of these lightning talks follows the traditions started at useR! 2011: "lightning talks provide a 5-minute platform for participants to speak on an R-related topic of their choice. A variation of the pecha kucha and ignite formats will be used in which speakers must provide 15 slides to accompany their talk and each slide will be shown for 20 seconds.
This is a Hungarian speaking RUG. We will record each talk and will publish on Youtube for those who would not have time/opportunity to attend.
More details: http://www.meetup.com/Budapest-Users-of-R-Network/events/154712492/
To leave a comment
for the author, please follow the link and comment on his blog: rapporter
offers daily e-mail updates
news and tutorials
on topics such as: visualization (ggplot2
), programming (RStudio
, Web Scraping
) statistics (regression
, time series
) and more...
If you got this far, why not subscribe for updates
from the site? Choose your flavor: e-mail
, or facebook