What will happen once I add my blog here?
Adding your blog to the directory will allow us to aggregate feeds from your (R) blog. Each time you post a new article on your blog, our site will automatically show an excerpt from it on the main page.
The post that will be added will include a link back to your original post (and another link to your blog’s main page), thus driving interested readers to your site! Also, all participating blogs will have links in the “Contributors” section of our sidebar.
What to do if I also write about other things besides R?
There is a solution.
All you need to do is add a category (or a tag) named “R” (or r-project, or whatever is comfortable for you), use it for all your R related posts, and submit it instead.
To most modern blogging platform (WordPress, blogger, movable type, etc…), there is a way for getting the RSS feed of a particular category only (you can submit just the category link, and I’ll find the RSS feed link.)
What are the best practices to follow so to keep my site on R-bloggers
There are several guidelines you should follow so your site will get on/stay on R-bloggers (and serve the R community as best as possible):
- The feed you submit should ONLY be about R (e.g: with R code, or directly related to the R world/community).
- The feed should NOT include tweet like articles (e.g: Short pieces of text)
- The feed should include “well written” articles: please make sure to proof read your English and avoid foul language
- Submit a feed with full content (not abstract/excerpts)
- Submit your blog’s feed only after you have already published some posts (at least two, and ones that show your vast knowledge of R and related disciplines)
- Link to R-bloggers from your blogroll (sidebar), and/or from a post. You do not have to do it, but it is for the greater good to help bring new readers to r-bloggers
- Please avoid overloading/spamming the site with: “too many” posts per day, SEO driven content or links, ads in the posts (banners, affiliate links etc.). Such content may be changed by R-bloggers (automatically or manually) or removed. If you wish to make sure your blogging practices fits the site you can e-mail me for questions.