MicrosoftML is an R package for machine learning that works in tandem with the RevoScaleR package. (In order to use the MicrosoftML and RevoScaleR libraries, you need an installation of Microsoft Machine Learning Server or Microsoft R Client.) A great way to see what MicrosoftML can do is to take a look at the on-line book Machine Learning with the MicrosoftML Package Package by Ali Zaidi.
The book includes worked examples on several topics:
- Exploratory data analysis and feature engineering
- Regression models
- Classification models for computer vision
- Convolutional neural networks for computer vision
- Natural language processing
- Transfer learning with pre-trained DNNs
The book is part of Ali's in-person workshop "Statistical Machine Learning with MicrosoftML", and you can find further materials including data and scripts at this Github repository. If you'd like to experience the workshop in person, Ali will be presenting it at the EARL Boston conference on November 1.
Github (Azure): Machine Learning with the MicrosoftML Package