Photo by Nick Morrison on Unsplash
Welcome to RStudio Community Monthly Events Roundup, where we update you on upcoming events happening at RStudio this month. Missed the great talks and presentations from last month? Find them listed under ICYMI: February 2022 Events.
You can subscribe to the Community Events Calendar so that new events will automatically appear on your calendar. Please note that by subscribing, all of the events in the calendar will appear on your own calendar. If you wish to add individual events instead, please use the links below.
We can’t wait to see you there!
Save the Date
- March 2, 2022 at 12 ET: Advanced Usage Tracking of Shiny Applications in RStudio Connect | Presented by Cole Arendt (add to calendar)
- March 3, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Stephen Bailey, Date Engineer at Whatnot (add to calendar)
- March 9, 2022: Data Visualization Accessibility | Presented by Mara Averick and Maya Gans (add to calendar)
- March 10, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Kristi Angel, Senior Data Scientist at Grubhub (add to calendar)
- March 15, 2022 at 12 ET: R for Excel Users – First Steps | Presented by George Mount (add to calendar)
- March 17, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Joe Gibson, Senior Project Director at de Beaumont Foundation (add to calendar)
- March 23, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Energy Meetup – Introduction to functional data analysis | Presented by Santiago Rodriguez (add to calendar)
- March 24, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Erin Pierson, Senior Manager of Trading Operations at Charles Schwab (add to calendar)
- March 31, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Mike Smith, Senior Director Statistics at Pfizer (add to calendar)
- April 5, 2022 at 12 ET: Championing Analytic Infrastructure | Presented by Kelly O’Briant (add to calendar)
Data Science Hangout
Last year, we started an informal “data science hangout” at RStudio for the data science community to connect and chat about some of the more human-centric questions around data science leadership. These happen every Thursday at 12 ET with a different leader featured each week.
The conversation is all audience-based and there’s no registration needed, so you can jump on whenever it fits your schedule. Add the weekly hangouts to your calendar on AddEvent and check out the new website with all the recordings.
RStudio Enterprise Community Meetups
We also host industry meetups for teams to share the work they are doing within their organizations, teach lessons learned, and network with others. Join the group on Meetup.
ICYMI: February 2022 Events
- February 1, 2022: Capacity Planning for Microsoft Azure Data Centers – Using R & RStudio Connect | Presented by Paul Chang
- February 3, 2022: Data Science Hangout with Katie Schafer, VP of Advanced Analytics at Beam Dental
- February 7, 2022: RStudio Finance Meetup: Industry trends from banks to hedge funds to federal agencies | Presented by Merav Yuravlivker and Dmitri Adler
- February 10, 2022: Data Science Hangout with Matthias Mueller, Sr Director of Analytics at Campaign Monitor
- February 16, 2022: RStudio Sports Analytics Meetup: Using RStudio & Google Cloud to Scale Sports Analytics | Presented by Alok Pattani
- February 17, 2022: Data Science Hangout with Mike Engine, Vice President and Data Science Team Leader at Engine
Call for Speakers
If you’re interested in sharing your work at a Meetup (or just starting to consider it for a future date down the road!), please fill out the speaker submission form. We’re always looking for a diverse set of speakers — if you are a member of a group that is underrepresented in data science, including people of color, those with disabilities, elders/older adults, LGBTQ folks, and women/minority genders, we highly encourage you to submit!