WHAT IS EARL?
The Enterprise Applications of the R Language Conference (EARL) is a cross-sector conference focusing on the commercial use of the R programming language. The conference is dedicated to the real-world usage of R with some of the world’s leading practitioners.
WHO IS IT FOR?
If you use R in your organisation, the EARL Conference is for you and your team. Whether you’re coding, wrangling data, leading a team of R users, or making data-driven decisions, EARL offers insights you can action in your company.
WHERE IS EARL THIS YEAR?
We are back online from 6th-10th of September. EARL will be hosted on ‘Big Marker’ – event software that does not require any downloading, you simply join with a link. All of the EARL sessions will be recorded and sent out to ticket holders after the event.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- To hear from fellow Rstats users – you might have been working from home for the past year like so many of us, or perhaps you’re the only Data Scientist in your team or haven’t had time to chat with others as much. EARL is a great opportunity to find out how others are solving enterprise issues with R and to get ideas to take back to your team or work.
- Network – we know it’s not the same as having a cold glass of Pimms overlooking Tower Bridge, but you can chat to fellow Rstats fans while at home in your most comfortable leisurewear! You can talk to other attendees on the conference chat or send a private message to someone you have burning questions for! EARL online attracts an even more varied attendance list, with people joining from across the globe.
- You don’t need to travel – though I’m sure many of us are desperate to travel anywhere right now, you can join EARL from wherever is most convenient and comfortable for you. And if you don’t need to persuade your boss to pay for travel and accommodation, perhaps more of your team can come along!
- Cheaper tickets – as the conference is online, we simply just don’t have as many overheads for this event when compared to our usual in-person event and that means we can make the tickets a lot cheaper. The online half-day workshops are priced at £90, whereas in-person they would normally be £200. The final Friday presentation day session is only £9.99, which we hope will make EARL even more accessible.
- Learn a new skill – there will be four workshops you can join at EARL this year. All of the workshops will run from 2pm-5pm (BST) and will be recorded and sent out to ticket holders to watch again at their leisure! Maybe you want to learn what Shiny apps can do for you, how to develop a package in R, how to use Purr for functional programming or how to web scrape and text mine. All the workshops will be taught by Mango’s expert Data Scientists who will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Be charitable – last year we donated EARL Conference profits to Data For Black Lives, this year we have chosen DataKind UK as our charity of the year to support. DataKind UK are a brilliant organisation that help social change orgs and charities use Data Science. So feel good knowing your ticket purchase will go towards helping people.
- Get inspired and energised – taking a break from work is good, you don’t need us to convince you of that. But taking the day or afternoon for you and your personal development can be hugely beneficial. You will always leave EARL with new ideas and ways to work. If you’re a team leader, EARL is a great opportunity to grow as a team, once you’ve attended the conference your team can share what they have learnt and can apply it at work.
- Start planning your talk for EARL London 2022! We are planning for EARL 2022 to be an in-person event again, in London next year – so start planning your abstract submission after watching Friday’s presentation day and share your work!
There is now less than a month until EARL online 2021 – so grab your tickets now and don’t miss out!