Lately I’ve had the problem that ggplot2-plots were missing in my blogdown-posts.
I discovered that this problem only occurs when I used .Rmarkdown instead of .Rmd.
Going back to .Rmd was no option because I want to use syntax highlighting for the embedded R-code (see my article).
After some googling I found https://discourse.gohugo.io/t/raw-html-getting-omitted-in-0-60-0/22032 with the solution to add
[markup.goldmark.renderer] unsafe= true
in the file
So far, so good.
Now I’ve updated several packages, including blogdown – and guess what, the plots were gone again.
This time I read the release notes and found the solution.
Blogdown create for each new article a new directory by default. Therefor I had “Consequently, not ignore “_files$” in the ignoreFiles field in your config.toml or config.yaml any more.”
I also found a great article by Alison Hill.
It describes some functions to check your blogdown installation, such as:
Good to know!